KNOWLEDGE project stand for “Kick-out Nescience by Open Workshop about Leadership and Education Development Gateway with Effectiveness”.
According to the research about Cambodian students, we found out that many students determine to drop out the class between grade 7th and grade 9th. The statistic from the Open Institute website in woman’s section  shows that 50% to 60% of the students from the north-east province drop their study.  The news which was published on March 2009 from RFI also mentioned that 45% of students determined to drop out the class in the primary school said “Khmer Teacher association” while the Ministry of Education Youth and Sport mentioned that 8% of students drop the class in primary school and 14% to 21% of students stop study at secondary school.
Nevertheless, the percentage of students determine to drop their study during their young age are significantly notably. That’s why our group has come out with an idea of doing education workshop in order to encourage students to continue their study and know the important and advantage of knowledge and education for their future life and for their family.
Why students determine to drop out?
- Standard of living
- Woman society
- Parents don’t see the outcome from their children after graduate
- Lack of schools or the schools are far away from home
- Lack of educational support
- Lack of Interest
- Education system in Cambodia still weak (Help parents to run home business is more efficient than get diploma)
- Outside influences
- Special Needs
- Financial Problems
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Depression and Physical illness
We aims to create a short workshop introducing about the advantage of education, leadership skill and sharing our personal life experiences how we go through the difficulty and finally has great success as today.
We also encourage students to start make there goal dream so that they will set their target for their life from now and plan their life according to their goal dream.
- Reinforce value of education in Cambodia
- Reduce the percentage of students who determine to stop study during young age
- Encourage students to be initiative and full of leadership motivation
- Improve manner and leadership of the young generation
- Create workshop on Education and Leadership to the place where the percentage of students who stop study is high (focusing on grade 7th until 9th)
- Build strong cooperation with NGO, Government and volunteers to make this project success
VI. Participants & Responsibility
Now we have some volunteer’s core members who willing to put themselves into this project and make it possible.
VAN Endear, Student from Asian University for Woman, Chittagong, Bangladesh
SEM Srey touch, Peace Maker
SOK Sopheakmonkol, Student from University of Hradec Králové, Czech Republic
THUN Thavry, Student from University of Hradec Králové, Czech Republic
SAREN Keang,Student from Asian University for Woman, Chittagong, Bangladesh
SOK Kimheng, Lecturer of Computer Science and Library Director at ITC, Responsible for preparing course content and giving lecture.
Powered by Facebook Comments